About the Vice Dean
Dr. Taha Yahya Alqahtani received his Bachelor of Pharmacy from the College of Pharmacy at King Khalid University (KKU) in 2009. After graduation, he was appointed as a teaching assistant at the Pharmacology Department until obtaining his MS degree in pharmacology in 2015 from MCPHS University. He was appointed as a Head of the Pharmacology Department and Vice Dean during 2015-2017. He obtained his PhD degree in Molecular Pharmacology in 2021 from the Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics, University of Liverpool. Dr. Alqahtani currently holds an assistant professor position at the Department of Pharmacology since July 2021. He has held many administrative positions at the college. He continued his active involvement in college committees until he was appointed a Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and Development in 2022. Dr. Alqahtani published many scientific articles in prestigious peer-reviewed journals. His research interest includes molecular pharmacology, drug discovery, and gene editing.
Dr. Taha Yahya Alqahtani (Vice Dean)
Duties of the Vice Deanship
Vice Deanship for Academic Affairs and Development plays a major role in supervising and implementing college and university policies that governed the study and examination as well as plays an informative and educational role for faculty members and students who have recently joined the college regarding these regulations and policies. Besides, it provides a supportive atmosphere to achieve academic excellence and overcome the challenges facing faculty members and students. Vice deanship tasks and duties are summarized as follow:
- Supervising affiliated committees and units and reporting to the relevant authorities periodically.
- Submitting periodic reports to the Dean regarding work progress and challenges and difficulties facing all affiliated units.
- Proposing plans to improve the academic curricula and college policies.
- Receiving academic needs from different departments and coordinating between other units inside the college.
- Following up the teaching load of all faculty members and report that to the Dean.
- Receiving student academic requests and financial supports applications and refer them to the relevant authorities inside the college or university.
- Following up the execution of students’ academic requests such as postponement, course or semester withdrawal, and attendance provisions exemption for denied students according to the university regulations and the College Council's decisions.
- Investigating suspected student violations incidents during the examinations period and submitting reports to the Higher Committee for Student Violations.
- Introducing and spreading the quality culture, and promoting individual, group, and organizational behavior to practice it continuously through all available means, such as training courses, workshops, and seminars.
- Identifying the requirements for institutional and academic programs accreditation and introduce them for the academic departments and employees of the college in order to work accordingly and ensure their implementation.
- Following up on recent developments in quality issued by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment, the University Vice Deanship for Academic Affairs and Quality, and the Deanship for Development and Quality, and circulate it to the academic departments and employees of the college to improve performance and increase productivity.
- Implementing necessary protocols to achieve the quality of the educational and research processes and community service in the college.
- Preparing an executive plan for accrediting academic programs in the college.
- Preparing the training plans that fulfill the needs of faculty members and employees in the college and taking all necessary measures to ensure its implementation.
- Supervising the implementation of the reception of new faculty members.
Affiliated Units and Committees
- Academic Services Unit
- Advising and Counseling Unit
- E-Learning Unit
- Schedules and Examinations Committee
- Academic Counseling and Students Affairs Committee
- Excuses Review Committee
- Plans and Curricula Committee
- Student Complaint Committee
- Development and Quality Committee
- Quality Assurance Committee