About the Vice Dean
Dr. Abdullatif Bin Muhsinah received his bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the College of Pharmacy at King Khalid University in 2008. He was appointed as a teaching assistant in the Pharmacognosy Department in the same year. He then obtained his PhD degree from the University of Rhode Island in the United States in the area of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy in 2018. Then, he was appointed as head of the pharmacognosy department and designated as head of the medicinal chemistry department from 2018 to 2019. In 2019, he was appointed as Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Studies in the College of Pharmacy at King Khalid University. Dr. Bin Muhsinah has published many research papers in the field of medicinal chemistry and pharmacognosy, and he has participated in several scientific conferences. He is a member of several committees at the college and the university, as well as a member of multiple scientific societies in the specialty.
Dr. Abdullatif Bin Muhsinah (Vice Dean)
Duties of the Vice Deanship
To contribute to the research development process, the Vice Deanship for Research and Graduate Studies has been established in the College of Pharmacy in support of its educational and research system, which seeks through the Vision 2030 to establish graduate programs in various fields of pharmacy. It also aims to develop the college system of scientific research by opening channels of cooperation with local and international research centers through the establishment of specialized groups, units, and research centers. The vice deanship duties are:
- Preparing the college’s graduate studies plan in coordination with the scientific departments.
- Promote and reinforce local and international academic and research partnership programs and initiatives.
- Supervising the development of the college's scientific research strategy and generating the tools for its implementation and follow-up.
- Preparing the necessary plans to establish and activate research units and centers through the coordination with the academic departments of the college and the deanship of scientific research at the university.
- Opening channels of communication and cooperation with the related research authorities outside the university in coordination with the Deanship of Scientific Research at the university.
- Providing needed proposals and suggestions about the scholarships for the faculty members whether teaching assistants or lecturers, and check their conditions abroad and inside the Kingdom, in coordination with the college departments, the scholarship administration, and the Deanship of Graduate Studies at the university.
- Supporting scientific publishing and encouraging researchers to publish in distinguished international scientific publishing venues.
- Enhancing the research capabilities of faculty members by developing their research skills in cooperation with the deanship of development and quality.
Affiliated Units and Committees
- Graduate Studies Committee
- Scientific Research Committee
- Educational Services Committee