Training students during their study and throughout their training period for the Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences program and the internship year (APPE) for the Doctor of Pharmacy program is one of the main pillars of the educational process. It helps prepare and equip the students for their future jobs. In order to provide pharmacy training aligned with the ambitious vision of the Kingdom (2030) and the great effort it requires to ensure the training process is running smoothly, a specialized unit has been established to supervise the training process in the college. In addition, the unit coordinates the accreditation of continuing pharmacy education programs to serve the profession practitioners after they graduate from college.
- Establishing partnerships and agreements with the governmental and private sectors to train students during their internship period.
- Coordinating with hospitals and health centers inside and outside the region to train students and hold continuous meetings with them in pursuit of continuous development of training programs.
- Distributing students over the available training centers and preparing their schedules according to the mechanism outlined in the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) Manual and ensuring that the training process is proceeding properly through weekly visits to training sites and continuous communication with training supervisors from the college.
- Supervising the virtual pharmacy laboratory and coordinating with training centers to train students during their Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) courses to prepare them for their APPEs in the internship year.
- Coordinating the clinical and training tasks for staff members in cooperation with hospitals in the region.
- Issuing internship certificates for those who passed all their rotations.
- Organizing lectures, seminars, courses, and workshops regarding pharmacy education and professional development.
- Coordinating accreditation of scientific and training programs.
Pharmacy Training Unit Supervisor
Wael Alghamdi, PharmD, PhD
Dr. Shadi Abu Samrah
Dr. Omar Abdelmoaty
Experiential Education Office (Guraiger Campus)
Dr. Yousef Alebini
Dr. M. Rahamathulla M. Shukoorulla
Dr. Asif Mohammad
Ph. Ahmed Bahamdan
Ph. Mohammed Alqahtani
Ph. Maged Al-Hadban
Experiential Education Office (Alsamer Campus)
Dr. Heba Salem
Dr. Soha Makki
Dr. Ayesha Shafeeq