Dr. Sultan M. Alshahrani
Assistant Professor – Clinical Pharmacy Department
About the Vice Dean
Dr. Sultan Alshahrani obtained his PharmD degree from King Abdulaziz University in 2010, and he was appointed as a teaching assistant at the College of Pharmacy at King Khalid University in 2011. He then obtained his PhD degree in pharmacokinetics from Oregon State University in 2017. Dr. Sultan was appointed as Vice Dean for Development and Quality in 2018. He has participated in many committees within the college.
Duties of the Vice Deanship
The Vice Deanship for Development and Quality aims to develop programs, academic departments, and services provided at the college. It cares for educational and academic quality through the application of international and approved standards in the academic system, with the goal of achieving prestigious levels and to yield competent outputs at the local and global levels. It also seeks to achieve the goals that serve and fulfill the aspirations of the Kingdom's Vision 2030 by obtaining academic accreditation from the Education Evaluation Authority (NCAAA) by the year 2021, which aligns with the university's strategic plan. The vice deanship duties are:
- Introducing and spreading the quality culture, and promoting individual, group, and organizational behavior to practice it continuously through all available means, such as training courses, workshops, and seminars.
- Identifying the requirements for institutional and academic programs accreditation and introduce them for the academic departments and employees of the college in order to work accordingly and ensure their implementation.
- Following up on recent developments in quality issued by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment, the University Vice Deanship for Development and Quality, and the Deanship for Development and Quality, and circulate it to the academic departments and employees of the college to improve performance and increase productivity.
- Implementing necessary protocols to achieve the quality of the educational and research processes and community service in the college.
- Preparing an executive plan for accrediting academic programs in the college.
- Preparing the training plans that fulfill the needs of faculty members and employees in the college and taking all necessary measures to ensure its implementation.
- Supervising the implementation of the reception of new faculty members.
Affiliated Units and Committees
- Development and Quality Committee
- Quality Assurance Committee
- Plans and Curricula Committee
- Community Service Committee
Office of the Vice Dean
Dr. Sultan Alshahrani (Vice Dean)
Mr. Hussein Alfaifi (Vice Dean Secretary)