Dr. Yahya I. Al-Muawad
Assistant Professor – Pharmacology and Toxicology Department
About the Vice Dean
Dr. Yahya Al-Muawad received his Bachelor of Pharmacy from the College of Pharmacy at King Khalid University (KKU) in 2008. After graduation, he occupied the teaching assistant position at the Pharmacology and Toxicology Department until obtaining his PhD degree in Pharmacology in 2018 from the Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia. Dr. Al-Muawad currently holds an assistant professor position at the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology since December 2018. Dr. Al-Muawad has held many administrative positions at the college. He was appointed as head of the Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department and supervisor of the Guidance and Counseling Unit in 2018. In 2019, Dr. Al-Muawad was also appointed as an acting head of the Department of Pharmacognosy, in addition to his work. He continued his active involvement in college committees until he was appointed a Vice Dean for Academic Affairs in 2021.
Dr. Al-Muawad published many scientific articles in prestigious peer-reviewed journals. His research interest includes neuropharmacology, drug discovery, and preclinical model development.
Duties of the Vice Deanship
Vice Deanship for Academic Affairs plays a major role in supervising and implementing college and university policies that governed the study and examination as well as plays an informative and educational role for faculty members and students who have recently joined the college regarding these regulations and policies. Besides, it provides a supportive atmosphere to achieve academic excellence and overcome the challenges facing faculty members and students. Vice deanship tasks and duties are summarized as follow:
- Supervising affiliated committees and units and reporting to the relevant authorities periodically.
- Submitting periodic reports to the Dean regarding work progress and challenges and difficulties facing all affiliated units.
- Proposing plans to improve the academic curricula and college policies.
- Receiving academic needs from different departments and coordinating between other units inside the college.
- Following up the teaching load of all faculty members and report that to the Dean.
- Receiving student academic requests and financial supports applications and refer them to the relevant authorities inside the college or university.
- Following up the execution of students’ academic requests such as postponement, course or semester withdrawal, and attendance provisions exemption for denied students according to the university regulations and the College Council's decisions.
- Investigating suspected student violations incidents during the examinations period and submitting reports to the Higher Committee for Student Violations.
Affiliated Units and Committees
Academic Services Unit
Advising and Counseling Unit
Schedules and Examinations Committee
Academic Counseling and Students Affairs Committee
Excuses Review Committee
Student Complaint Committee
Student Council Secretariat (Guraiger campus)
Student Activities (Guraiger campus)
Office of the Vice Dean
Dr. Yahya Al-Muawad (Vice Dean)
Mr. Ali Ahmadi (Administrative Assistant)